Wednesday, February 24, 2010

JD

Summer of 2008
My mom got a call from her dad.
"I just bought a palomino mare you might be interested in," was all he had to say.
My mom and I drove down to Winterset to she what she was like.
When we got there a tall, long legged mare stood in the middle of my grandpa's pasture
.
"I've seem that mare before," my mom said.
"Well that's why I thought you might want her," my grandfather said gazing at the mare.


We bought her and named her JD. My mom never got to ride her because it was winter, but my mom said that she had awesome bloodlines and was very well trained. In spring we went down to my grandpa's to ride JD. He stood in the drive way. When we got out of the car he looked at us.
"I'm sorry I couldn't get out there in time. JD is dead. She fell, got stuck in the mud and couldn't get up"


blog comments powered by Disqus